The first of my four artists, is the first one that crossed my mind today. Her name is Shan Merry and she studied art in France. I love her use of color and the interesting way that she portrays the feminine face. She is one of the amazing artists that sells from Park West galleries and I find every piece of hers to be elegant, delightful and refreshing. It is my sincere hope that I may post a photo or two here without any negative repercussions.
Aren't these just enchanting?
If you are interested in purchasing Shan Merry brilliance, or if you are a broke college student like me and you just want to look at some pretty pictures, here is a link to Shan Merry's bio in the gallery website (there are links from there to at least 16 more of her pieces and their purchase information):
http://bio.parkwestgallery.com/artists/Shan-Merry
(This gallery is a member of the Better Business Bureau, if that makes you feel more confident about any potential purchases.)
If you are interested in purchasing Shan Merry brilliance, or if you are a broke college student like me and you just want to look at some pretty pictures, here is a link to Shan Merry's bio in the gallery website (there are links from there to at least 16 more of her pieces and their purchase information):
http://bio.parkwestgallery.com/artists/Shan-Merry
(This gallery is a member of the Better Business Bureau, if that makes you feel more confident about any potential purchases.)
The second of these artists is the incredible man from Mexico, Octavio Ocampo. This man is a BEAST! His metamorphic art is hardcore amazing! A warning to younger art fans, some of his art, while tastefully done, does tip the perv meter just a bit. But phallic or not, his detailing is insane! Every inch of every piece is a part of something smaller and bigger at the same time. He does have less risque pieces for those who prefer them, and several ridiculously fantastic religious ones as well. He is WELL worth the look up, I promise!
http://www.visionsfineart.com/ocampo/aa_index.html
The man has even designed a house that looks like a conch seashell! No lie!
As the day progressed, I found myself falling back into my old music routine, and thanks to my friend Myoce, I was reminded of an amazing young guitarist named Sungha Jung. Truly incredible. Take a few minutes to listen, and realize that this is NOT the only song that the boy plays this well. He is truly a talent that deserves to be seen and heard.
I know that none of his videos seem long enough. You want them to keep going so that you can keep watching his fingers! He is also self taught and doesn't use tab. With that knowledge in mind, I'm posting both his official website and his youTube address here. So you can find out more about him yourself. (Not to worry if you don't understand Korean, most of his sites default to English.) It would seem that he has a new album out as well. If you aren't poor like me, buy something and support this talent!
http://www.sunghajung.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/jwcfree
And last, but most certainly not least, my favorite little prodigy... Hero Ha. He really is too precious for words, amazingly smart, and such a natural onstage. He is so fearless and impressive. I know these are a little old, but they are definite favorites of mine. He's just a doll. (I want to hug him, I think may be because of his rosy little cheeks), and I love watching him here. He never fails to make me smile. Maybe he can make you smile too!
Needless to say, he has grown up a bit since then. If you want to see what he's up to these days, he has a youTube too! (Along with a sweet baby brother following in his adorable footsteps!)
http://www.youtube.com/user/herohascome#p/a/u/1/jsg5xDziFpk
That's all for this installation. Hopefully I'll be doing this more regularly... but don't hold me to that. Still have to make time to make the Dean's List and graduate!
In the meanwhile, thanks for reading and all my love to you.
Kayla

2 comments:
Hi Kayla !
Hmm....did I hear my name being mentioned here ?
^___^ oh,thanks for the links you gave me.
Love your post about paintings/art.
myoce
Why yes, yes you did hear your name being mentioned here! And thank you so much for the reminder of Sungha Jung. I had forgotten how amazing that kid was!
And you are most welcome to those links. I tend to look for cool stuff all over. I'm so pleased that you enjoy my artistic tastes!
I fully intend to post more here, but I don't want to let anyone down and NOT post legitimate, quality links. I just hope that if I like it, others will too.
Thanks for commenting! (It's really appreciated!)You are the best!
Post a Comment